By: Twibell Pierson
Share This Post
Criminal Defense Lawyer in Springfield, MO
If you’re under investigation or facing criminal charges, you need an experienced law firm on your side. The consequences of these offenses can be extremely serious and potentially life-ruining.
Our mission is to help good people navigate bad situations, and we specialize in criminal court cases in Missouri. Because we specialize in defense law, you can rest assured that your case is in our experienced hands.
Because criminal charges have to potential to ruin lives, we take every case extremely seriously. Our attorney’s first step is to understand all of the details of your case. No matter how bleak your situation is, you must be open and honest with us. Remember, we are on your side!
We will involve you in every step of the process. By working together as a team, we can be more effective. At Twibell and Pierson, we refer to this method as a “Two Door Approach,” and it has allowed us to achieve success in hundreds of cases in Springfield and southwest Missouri.
No matter what the situation or the charge is, we are committed to providing a space that is respectful and judgment-free. We act quickly and aggressively to product your reputation, your rights, and your freedom.
Accusations of crimes, unfounded or not, can affect your life in a variety of ways. Remember, it’s not just your freedom that’s at stake. A criminal charge can have a devastating impact on your family, your professional career, your finances, and your reputation.
Whether the charges you face are relatively minor or intimidatingly severe, having a skilled Springfield defense lawyer to fight side-by-side with you can make a world of difference in the outcome of your case.
If you’ve been arrested, or are under investigation for criminal charges in Springfield, MO, we can help.
We’re committed to providing you with the best possible outcome. Call us today for a free consultation at 417-862-1741.
Types of Criminal Defense Cases in Missouri
Seeking out the services of a criminal defense attorney is a drastically different process than finding a lawyer to handle a divorce or draft a will. It’s also unusual that you’ll have a friend or family member that can provide a referral. These types of cases are not as routine, and often, people aren’t as willing to talk about past charges.
At Twibell Pierson, we specialize in criminal law and have received hundreds of favorable outcomes for our clients. The charges we have the most experience in include:
- Violent crimes, including assault
- Drug charges, including possession, sale, manufacturing, and distribution
- Sexual crimes
- Federal charges
- Traffic violations
- Municipal charges
- Theft and robbery crimes
How Crime is Classified in Missouri
The above list has some overlap. For example, sexual crimes and murder also fall under the umbrella of violent crimes. To better understand how criminal charges are classified, we’ll outline the five categories:
- Personal crimes: When there is physical or mental harm to another person.
- Property crimes: When there is damage or interference to property, including a home, or personal property.
- Inchoate crimes: These are crimes that are initiated but not fully completed. Examples include attempted murder, conspiracy, and aiding and abetting.
- Statutory crimes: These are crimes committed that are against state law. For example, a DWI is a statutory crime.
- Financial crimes: White collar crimes, including fraud, blackmail, embezzlement, cybercrimes, tax evasion, and money laundering, are all considered financial crimes.
Within these four categories, the case could be tried at the municipal, state, or federal levels. Sometimes, a case could be tried at both the state and federal level.
Possible Consequences of Crimes in Missouri
The consequences of a criminal conviction can be severe. Potential punishments include:
- Jail or prison time
- Loss of driving privileges
- Court-ordered classes
- A criminal conviction on your record
Having a criminal conviction on your record can be devastating, and we also handle record expungement. Recently, the Missouri Legislature passed a law that widened the scope of crimes that could be expunged, including most misdemeanors and some felonies, including drug-related offenses.
Because modern criminal law is complex, and the consequences of a conviction are so severe, we strongly recommend understanding your attorneys’ strengths (and potential weaknesses) before deciding to work with someone.
Questions to Ask Your Defense Attorney
We recommend asking the following questions about your case to ensure that you are engaging qualified representation:
- Have you represented other clients charged with (insert name of the crime)?
- How familiar are you with the court where my case will be assigned?
- What is your track record in this specific area? (Keep in mind that a lawyer cannot guarantee an outcome, but they should be able to demonstrate a successful track record).
In some cases, you might not have had formal charges brought against you yet. If prosecutors are building a case or you’re being investigated, working with an attorney right away can help you get a head start on your defense or even bring to light evidence that works in your favor.
We encourage you to give us a call with any questions you have. Contact Twibell Pierson today for a free, confidential consultation at 417-862-1741.
All Criminal Defense Cases are Serious
In a criminal defense case, there’s a lot on the line. Your freedom, financial security, and your ability to take care of your family are all at risk.
We understand that these charges can cause stress, shame, and embarrassment. At Twibell Pierson, we offer discreet and confidential representation. No matter what you’re being charged with, we will stand right beside you and represent you with everything we’ve got.
Our job is to enforce your rights, including a fair trial. Whether you’re facing a fine, a prison term, a life sentence or worse, you do have options and choices, and that includes having the best representation in Springfield, MO.
Upfront Pricing For Your Defense Case
Often, our potential clients are worried about how much representation will cost. They fear that they’ll wrack up extensive charges that they won’t be able to pay.
We understand that concern, and that is why we offer upfront pricing for all of our clients. After our initial consultation, we’ll give you a price that covers complete case representation. No matter how long your case takes, we will never add any fees to this initial quote.
Having the right attorney on your side can be a huge emotional relief, no matter how serious your charges may seem. Being convicted of a crime can have life-changing consequences, and we will fight for the best outcome possible.
To receive a free, no-obligation consultation, please call us today at 417-862-1741.
Don’t Risk Your Future, Call a Springfield Attorney
There’s a lot that can happen from the moment you’re charged until your first day in court. That’s why we recommend getting in touch with us as soon as possible.
We will guide you in the next steps to take, and this includes never speaking to the police or anyone who can influence the outcome of your case without an attorney present. Even a letter or email in the wrong hands can have negative, unintended consequences.
When we work together, we will strive to know your case as well as you do so that we can successfully advocate for a dismissal, a not guilty, or a plea bargain.
How To Choose a Springfield Defense Attorney
As you look for the best defense attorney in Springfield, MO, you’ll find the best fit by evaluating the following:
- Experience: When it comes to hiring a criminal defense lawyer in Missouri, the attorney’s experience is the single most important factor to look for. And in today’s complicated legal climate, general experience isn’t enough.
To protect your freedom and your future, you need a criminal defense attorney with a proven, successful track record in local and federal courts. At Twibell Pierson Criminal Law, we’ve been working with the Springfield community for more than 40 years.
- Competence: It pays to be discerning when you evaluate defense attorneys. And frankly, every attorney’s web site is going to talk about their experience, unique approach, and aggressive representation. What matters most is whether an attorney can deliver on their promises. We have dozens of five-star reviews published online from happy clients who are grateful for our team approach and skilled representation. We are proud of our testimonials, and you can review each and every one of our Google reviews, which have been republished on our website.
- Work ethic: We work tirelessly to represent you, and everyone on our staff is exceptionally responsive. We strongly believe in communication, and we will talk and visit with you as often as needed to ensure you’re satisfied with your representation At Twibell Pierson, our team approach to representation has earned us a track record of success. We use time-tested defense strategies to protect your innocence, reputation, and your future. We will never back down from a fight, no matter how bleak the situation may seem.
We understand that facing criminal charges can be extremely stressful. At Twibell Pierson, we will promise to fight relentlessly on your behalf. Contact us today for a free and confidential consultation.